Welding Metallurgy has established a strong tradition of manufacturing complex components and assemblies since 1979. We have the technical expertise and the capacity to provide turnkey solutions to challenging manufacturing projects. Now, as part of Air Industries Group, WMI is fortified for growth.
In 2008 WMI relocated to its Hauppauge facility. In July, 2013 we acquired Decimal Industries, Inc. a supplier of dip-brazed housings, sheet metal assemblies, and heat exchangers.
WMI occupies 81,000 square feet of this spacious 125,000 square foot building. Since joining Air Industries Group, WMI has enjoyed double-digit annual growth and our facility has ample room for continued expansion.
The facility layout provides for efficient flow of product through the manufacturing process, from raw material to final product shipment. In January 2016, WMI assimilated the Miller Stuart electronic integration business into its Plant Avenue facility. With the addition of Miller Stuart, we can now offer our customers wire harnesses, cables and state-of-the art electronic enclosures.
- Located in Hauppauge, NY
- 81,000 sq. ft.
- Tube bending equipment from 1/8” dia. to 6” dia. – all materials.
- (12) TIG welding stations
- (2) resistance (spot and seam) welding machines
- (5) 3-4 axis milling machines
- Fully-equipped sheet metal fabrication shop – including dip-brazed
- 30,000 sq. ft. of assembly and inspection space
- Provider of structural and welded assemblies, tubes and ducts, aerial refueling systems, oil tanks and ground support equipment
- Entrenched relationships with leading prime contractors.
- Aggressively pursuing aerostructuresubassembly opportunities with aligned customers
- AS9100C, ISO 9001:2008 and NADCAP approvals
- Resistance, inert atmosphere, gas tungsten arc and orbital.
- All materials, 1/8″ diameter to 6″ diameter.
- Component and Assembly Design
- Tool Design
- Manufacturing Engineering